Mace Montessori Schools is a chain of bespoke Montessori Nursery settings in and around Central London. Our ethos is Montessori with emphasis on EYFS for the babies to toddler and combined through the preschool ages.
We are currently looking for an experienced Room Leader to join our team in our Montessori Primary School in EAST LONDON – E1W 2RG as the HEAD OF TODDLER ROOM
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role and will be looking for a full-time position of 35 hours per week.
This job description is not fully prescriptive, but acts as a guide to the main duties and responsibilities most relevant to the role.
Responsible to: Management and Directors.
Summary: To ensure that the room is running smoothly through effective planning, preparation and organisation according to the policies and procedures of Mace Montessori. To ensure that the Montessori method of teaching is adhered to, introducing Montessori materials to the children as appropriate, whilst linking the areas of learning with the EYFS framework.
1. To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standards of childcare are maintained.
2. To provide for the safety and well-being of children taking account of their social, recreational and individual needs and to keep appropriate records of evidence, observations and assessment.
3. To model good practice to staff and provide individual/group supervision of play staff and any trainees.
4. To attend courses and disseminate information from these to other staff.
5. To ensure that all policies and procedures recommended by Mace Montessori are adhered to.
6. To work together as part of team to ensure appropriate delivery of nurturing/recreational activities for children attending.
7. To be responsible for the line management of other staff in the room.
8. To ensure that effective health and safety procedures are carried out in the room.
9. To assess, record, report on the development, progress and attainment of children and provide support to other staff through this process.
10. To be willing to and able to travel between sites.
1. To promote positive relationships and interaction between all adults and children involved in the setting.
2. To ensure parent/carers are well informed of their children’s progress and are always welcome in the school.
3. To attend and participate in parent/staff meetings and other meetings as may be relevant.
4. To monitor children for the identification of possible special needs and discuss any concerns with the Nursery Manager and nominated SENCO.
5. To combat sex, race, class and religious discrimination and to demonstrate positive attitudes through practical application.
6. To Comply with all OFSTED Requirements
7. To act appropriately in an emergency situation ensuring that the safety and well- being of children is paramount at all times.
8. To provide a warm and caring environment for the children having regards for their individual needs.
9. To encourage the active participation of all children.
10. To carry out any other occasional reasonable duties as requested by managers.
If you have the relevant qualification & experience and would like to join a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 Year experience and will be looking for a full time position of 35 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
• Offering all children with equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
• Care and supervision of the children with regard to their overall development (holistic development of the child)
• Planning and preparation of activities to meet the individual needs of the children.-Creating and developing a stimulating environment.-Ensuring observations, developmental records and evaluations are kept. Develop a reflective practice.
• Ensure that the school policies/risk assessments/action plans are adhered to.
• Liaising with parents and building strong and effective communication channels.
• Working with the management team and school proprietors to focus on the needs of the children.
• Manage their room ratio and staff ratio effectively.
• Organise parent’s evenings.
• Implement the EYFS and assist staff with the same
• Organise and plan staff meetings (for reflective practice)-administrative records in the classroom.
• To contribute to a good standard of hygiene, cleanliness, care, preparation and the maintenance of classroom equipment.
• To supervise meal times and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles-To be aware of emergency evacuation procedures and fire evacuation procedures
• To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standard of childcare is maintained.
• To model good practice to staff and provide supervision of play staff and trainees.
• Pension Scheme
• Competitive salary
• Career progression opportunities to Room Leaders
• Annual company trip abroad
• Training and Development Courses
If you have a Level 3 qualification in childcare, minimum experience 1 year within the childcare sector and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
Hex Digital, London