The Montessori teacher is responsible to the Manager.
Duties will include:
1. To be responsible for the daily running and administration of the classroom. Adhering to the Policies & Procedures, ensuring compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Department of Education and the National Standards.
2. Maintaining sole responsibility for the smooth running of the class. Incorporating the Montessori Curriculum in line with the National Curriculum.
3. Work effectively with the staff to create a safe and stimulating learning experience for the children.
4. Ensuring a healthy relationship is maintained with parents of the students.
5. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the School.
6. Supporting and liaising with the Manager on a daily basis.
7. Supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
8. Planning and preparing activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
9. Ensuring that the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the classroom, kitchen and equipment are carried out according to the Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
10. Liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the school.
11. Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
12. Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
13. Assisting the Manager and participating in arranging regular parents’ evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings and ensuring effective marketing.
14. Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the School manager.
15. Should possess good command over written & spoken English and be able to write precise observations.
If you have the relevant qualifications and a minimum of 1year experience within the childcare sector please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 Year experience and will be looking for a full time position of 35 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
• Offering all children with equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
• Care and supervision of the children with regard to their overall development (holistic development of the child)
• Planning and preparation of activities to meet the individual needs of the children.-Creating and developing a stimulating environment.-Ensuring observations, developmental records and evaluations are kept. Develop a reflective practice.
• Ensure that the school policies/risk assessments/action plans are adhered to.
• Liaising with parents and building strong and effective communication channels.
• Working with the management team and school proprietors to focus on the needs of the children.
• Manage their room ratio and staff ratio effectively.
• Organise parent’s evenings.
• Implement the EYFS and assist staff with the same
• Organise and plan staff meetings (for reflective practice)-administrative records in the classroom.
• To contribute to a good standard of hygiene, cleanliness, care, preparation and the maintenance of classroom equipment.
• To supervise meal times and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles-To be aware of emergency evacuation procedures and fire evacuation procedures
• To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standard of childcare is maintained.
• To model good practice to staff and provide supervision of play staff and trainees.
• Pension Scheme
• Competitive salary
• Career progression opportunities to Room Leaders
• Annual company trip abroad
• Training and Development Courses
If you have a Level 3 qualification in childcare, minimum experience 1 year within the childcare sector and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
Hex Digital, London