Mace Montessori Schools is a chain of bespoke Montessori Nursery settings in and around Central London. Our ethos is Montessori with emphasis on EYFS for the babies to toddler and combined through the preschool ages.
We are currently looking for a ROOM LEADER in Baby Room, Toddler Room & Preschool Room with minimum Level 3 qualification to join our team in FINCHLEY – N12 8TP
Salary offered – 17k -21k PA
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role and will be looking for a full time position of 35 hours per week.
This job description is not fully prescriptive, but acts as a guide to the main duties and responsibilities most relevant to the role.
Responsible to: Management and Directors.
Summary: To ensure that the room is running smoothly through effective planning, preparation and organisation according to the policies and procedures of Mace Montessori. To ensure that the Montessori method of teaching is adhered to, introducing Montessori materials to the children as appropriate, whilst linking the areas of learning with the EYFS framework.
• To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standards of childcare are maintained.
• To provide for the safety and well-being of children taking account of their social, recreational and individual needs and to keep appropriate records of evidence, observations and assessment.
• To model good practice to staff and provide individual/group supervision of play staff and any trainees.
• To attend courses and disseminate information from these to other staff.
• To ensure that all policies and procedures recommended by Mace Montessori are adhered to.
• To work together as part of team to ensure appropriate delivery of nurturing/recreational activities for children attending.
• To be responsible for the line management of other staff in the room.
• To ensure that effective health and safety procedures are carried out in the room.
• To assess, record, report on the development, progress and attainment of children and provide support to other staff through this process.
• To be willing to and able to travel between sites.
• To promote positive relationships and interaction between all adults and children involved in the setting.
• To ensure parent/carers are well informed of their children’s progress and are always welcome in the school.
• To attend and participate in parent/staff meetings and other meetings as may be relevant.
• To monitor children for the identification of possible special needs and discuss any concerns with the Nursery Manager and nominated SENCO.
• To combat sex, race, class and religious discrimination and to demonstrate positive attitudes through practical application.
• To Comply with all OFSTED Requirements
• To act appropriately in an emergency situation ensuring that the safety and well- being of children is paramount at all times.
• To provide a warm and caring environment for the children having regards for their individual needs.
• To encourage the active participation of all children.
• To carry out any other occasional reasonable duties as requested by managers.
If you have the relevant qualification & experience and would like to join a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
Mace Montessori Schools -a chain of bespoke Montessori Nursery settings in and around Central London, are committed to delivering exceptional standards of pre-school Montessori and Early Years Foundation care and education with an uncompromising approach to quality.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Regional Manager (Early Years) for our schools. The successful candidate will possess advanced qualifications in Child Care & Education (Graduate in Childcare or Education), must have attained EYP status and have a minimum of 2 year experience in a similar role.
Salary £30k- £38k Based on qualification & experience
Reporting to -Operations Directors
• Should have experience of conducting Ofsted inspections at nursery settings.
• Should have a strong knowledge and experience in regulation, inspection and registration of nursery settings.
• Overseeing delivery of policies and procedures.
• Report on the quality of the provision you find at the settings.
• Gather evidence and write reports. Make recommendations.
• Provide training when required.
• Should be able to communicate effectively to Nursery Managers and staff
Ability to operate on multiple locations
Willingness to travel to all settings as required
Current experience as an Early Years Inspector is a must.
If you have the relevant qualification and experience please email your cv or for further detail / queries please feel free to contact on 02034053685.
The Montessori teacher is responsible to the Manager.
Duties will include:
1. To be responsible for the daily running and administration of the classroom. Adhering to the Policies & Procedures, ensuring compliance with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Department of Education and the National Standards.
2. Maintaining sole responsibility for the smooth running of the class. Incorporating the Montessori Curriculum in line with the National Curriculum.
3. Work effectively with the staff to create a safe and stimulating learning experience for the children.
4. Ensuring a healthy relationship is maintained with parents of the students.
5. Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the School.
6. Supporting and liaising with the Manager on a daily basis.
7. Supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
8. Planning and preparing activities to develop all aspects of the child’s individual development in a stimulating atmosphere.
9. Ensuring that the preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the classroom, kitchen and equipment are carried out according to the Policies & Procedures and risk assessments.
10. Liaising with parents and negotiating working targets ensuring effective communication within the school.
11. Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records.
12. Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed.
13. Assisting the Manager and participating in arranging regular parents’ evenings, publicity, open weekends and children’s outings and ensuring effective marketing.
14. Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the School manager.
15. Should possess good command over written & spoken English and be able to write precise observations.
If you have the relevant qualifications and a minimum of 1year experience within the childcare sector please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 Year experience and will be looking for a full time position of 35 hours per week.
Your duties will include:
• Offering all children with equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasion, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background; in particular, challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
• Care and supervision of the children with regard to their overall development (holistic development of the child)
• Planning and preparation of activities to meet the individual needs of the children.-Creating and developing a stimulating environment.-Ensuring observations, developmental records and evaluations are kept. Develop a reflective practice.
• Ensure that the school policies/risk assessments/action plans are adhered to.
• Liaising with parents and building strong and effective communication channels.
• Working with the management team and school proprietors to focus on the needs of the children.
• Manage their room ratio and staff ratio effectively.
• Organise parent’s evenings.
• Implement the EYFS and assist staff with the same
• Organise and plan staff meetings (for reflective practice)-administrative records in the classroom.
• To contribute to a good standard of hygiene, cleanliness, care, preparation and the maintenance of classroom equipment.
• To supervise meal times and where appropriate, preparation of babies bottles-To be aware of emergency evacuation procedures and fire evacuation procedures
• To regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure that the high standard of childcare is maintained.
• To model good practice to staff and provide supervision of play staff and trainees.
• Pension Scheme
• Competitive salary
• Career progression opportunities to Room Leaders
• Annual company trip abroad
• Training and Development Courses
If you have a Level 3 qualification in childcare, minimum experience 1 year within the childcare sector and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send us a copy of your CV or call on 02034053685.
Hex Digital, London